Thursday, September 20, 2012

Responding to an advertisement-prepared by Mahesh Chowdary Vadlamudi from Nellore


Responding to an advertisement (5 marks)
               (Guidelines to attempt job application letter for 10th EM students)
Steps:
I. Tracing the advertisement & Showing desire to apply:
1.Having seen your advertisement in “The Hindu” dated 18th July, 2012, I furnish my particulars here under to work as ……………….. in your …………………..
2. In response to your advertisement in “The Indian Express” dated 18th July 2012, I wish to offer myself as a candidate for the post of a ……………………………..
3. I have come across your advertisement in today’s newspaper, “The Hindu” calling applications for the post of ……….. at your ………….. I would like to offer myself as one of the candidates for the same.
4. With reference to your advertisement for the post of …………………….. , in “The Hindu”, I would like to offer myself as one of the applicants.
5. I am writing to you in response to your advertisement for a …………….. which appeared in the …………………. on Sunday, June 19. I wish to apply for the same giving my necessary particulars for your kind consideration.
II. Personal details:
A. Stating qualifications:
1. I, Vamsi, am studying first B.Com computers in …………..college in …………..
2. As regards my qualifications, I passed B.com in 2009 from ………. University.
3. Regarding my qualifications, I am an M.Sc with Maths from ……… University.
4. As per my qualifications, I am a graduate and aged 21 years. I have also passed diploma course in computer operator.
5. I am a fresh first class graduate in ……… with a good knowledge of English, Hindi and Urdu in addition to my mother tongue.
B. Stating Experience:
1. I worked in …………….. and gained two years experience as a ………………..
2. I have previous experience as a ‘Sales Promoter’ as I worked for ‘Reliance Fresh’ in Nellore.
3. I worked as a teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya School where I had taught Maths and English for 9th class English medium students for two years.
4. I have been working in an Ad. Agency as a computer executive for the last two years.
 C. Special qualities /abilities:
1. I have pleasing personality, patience and I am willing to help others.
2. I have an excellent command over English as I got Diploma in ‘Communicative English’ form EFLU (English and Foreign Languages University).
3. I am young and energetic and willing to work for long hours.
4. I have flair for travelling anywhere and also possess a two-wheeler.
5. In addition to my mother tongue, Telugu, I can speak English and Hindi fluently.
III. Asking for details:
1. Kindly let me know the details regarding working hours, the salary offered, boarding and lodging facility.
2. I wish to know some information about job details, travel requirements, working hours, salary etc.
3. I couldn’t find full details from your advertisement. So I hope that you can provide the necessary information at an early date so as to permit me to give my consent.
4. Would you please let me know how much salary you pay for me, if I am selected?
5. I would be ever grateful to you if you could send me the details of …………….
IV. Enthusiastic note:
A. Assurance of your sincerity:
1. I assure you sir, if I am appointed I will work for the best satisfaction of my superiors.
2. I assure you that I will do my best to promote your business to the best of my ability.
3.  If offered a job in your esteemed ……………, I promise to work with great efficiency and dedication.
B. Request for job:
1. In view of my qualifications and experience my case for appointment as a ………… may favourably considered.
2. Hence I request you to consider my case for the appointment of ………. in your firm.
3. I hope you will be kind enough to select for the job. Thank you in anticipation and awaiting your early reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment